Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Snorkeling-Day 4

The next day we went further in to Ft. Lauderdale to go snorkeling! We weren't sure what time the snorkeling trips were so we just showed up at the store to find out. We were 30 minutes late for the early snorkeling trip. So we had a couple of hours to shop up and down the strip. We ate lunch at H2O Cafe then headed to the snorkeling excursion boat.


Our view from inside the H2O Cafe.







Amazing hotels right along the beach!





It was raining as we were sitting on the boat, but fortunately the storm passed quickly--like in a matter of a couple of minutes! So it was hot and HUMID. What a great mix!




As we were leaving the dock our tour guide gave us a brief summary of the million dollar mansions we were passing. Most of them were owned by basketball players and movie stars. They are all basically their vacation homes.



This is Brad Pitt's boat...

I think this mansion was owned by a basketball player.



Our glass bottom boat:


Ready to go!

This was one of the hardest/most complicated snorkeling trips I've been on! First of all after swimming away from the boat one of my flippers broke. Spencer gave me one of his so that I had two. Fortunately the people working on the boat were out swimming in the water with us and they went back to the boat and got us another one. By the way they were the BEST snorkeling guides I've ever had. They were super fun! ANYWAY, next I was having issues with my life vest. I think it had a hole in it. The water was also VERY choppy, one second we would be just a couple of feet from the boat, and the next second I would look up and we would be yards and yards away! We were constantly swimming just to stay near the boat. It was a good workout!

Other than those few complications it was a fun trip, next time I think we'll go out to the Keys for some snorkeling!

Such a clear picture for my underwater camera!


We swam in big schools of fish. It took a while but eventually I was able to touch one. They are fast little things!






After about an hour we headed back to the boat.


Our captain caught a fish with his bare hands. 


Did I mention that after we swam towards the boat and climbing up the stairs to get back in the boat Spencer's wedding ring totally slipped off his finger and plunged to the bottom of the ocean. How awesome is that?! I was still in the water swimming towards the boat when I looked up and heard Spencer tell one of the guides on our boat that his wedding ring had just slipped off. WHAT?! Did that really just happen??? LOL...the guide said, "Oh no big deal, I'll get it!" We were in about 30 feet of water so just diving down to get it at the bottom of the ocean floor is a big deal to me! He grabbed a pair of goggles and jumped in the water. He looked around and when he thought he knew where it might be he took a dive to the bottom to find it. About 15 seconds later he popped back up with the ring in his hand. AMAZING! So impressed! He got a little extra tip from us when we left. : )


Million dollar yachts on our way back from snorkeling:



The boat ride was so relaxing, wrapped in my towel snuggled next to Spence with the wind in my hair. It relaxes me just thinking about it! Such a fun day at sea!

That night after we had showered and cleaned up a bit we got ready for dinner at Texas de Brazil, another Brazilian churrascaria. It was yummy, of course! I don't think I was mentally prepared for it though. I hardly ate our money's worth there!








It was another perfect evening with this boy. I love him!


          ~Nat

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger templates

Blogger news

Locations of Site Visitors

Blogger templates

Powered by Blogger.

Pages - Menu

Popular Posts

Followers