Monday, July 8, 2013

Anniversary Day 2

Our second day in Florida was lots of exploring.

We had a bunch of cats in our resort parking lot. Spencer and I watched one cat walk around for a bit and slowly we would see another cat appear, then another one until eventually we counted about 7 or 8 of them. They were so cute! It was fun to see them interact with each other. Then we realized we had been watching them for about 30 minutes and we quickly snapped out of it! O.K. yeahhhhh, we might be weird cat/animal people, but we're not ashamed of it! It was time for the beach, so we headed out! 





Our first stop was Dania Beach--So pretty!!

Collecting shells on the beach. 


I asked an older woman to take our picture in front of the pier. She was super nice but I realized afterwards that she wasn't too experienced with a camera:


Then I found a younger girl to take our picture (using a different camera).



Spencer's collection:


The storm moving in:




It started to rain so we headed to the car with all of our stuff. We drove around a bit until the rain stopped. We were starving so we stopped at a Taco Bar for a late lunch.




 Afterwards went John Lloyd State Park which was only about 10 minutes from where we were. Such a pretty drive out there!




Apparently it wasn't done raining yet. 

So cool to see the storm moving in. 

The beach was amazing that day. Look how empty it was. It was so relaxing and I don't even think it rained again that day while we were out there. 

So I was walking along the beach towards some rocks and a boy about 20 years old came sprinting down the beach in my directions. He started yelling "Shark! Shark!" Sure enough as I climbed out onto the rocks there was a 5-6 ft shark swimming up and down the shore line. The boy said he had been following the shark for about 30 minutes and the shark never left the shore. Pretty cool!! I tried to snap a few pictures:






We explored the beach and found lots of cool stuff. There were big piles of drift wood and other treasures. This was one of Spencer's favorite days of the trip, it's so relaxing especially since we were the only ones on the beach.










So beautiful and peaceful!


Then we drove to another part of the part, the manatee sanctuary. We weren't lucky enough to see any manatees though!


That night we found ourselves a target and a Yogurtland. 




Then a few hours later we decided we were hungry for an actual meal and bought KFC and ate and hung out in our hotel room the rest of the night. We played  "Would You Rather..." a card game we bought at Target. It was a great, relaxing day. I love going through all of these pictures. It reminds me how much I love the beach and how relaxing it is to me. Some people love the mountains or the countryside, but the beach is where I always want to be. : )

Thanks for following!
~Nat

P.S. I forgot to mention the PRETTY flowers Spence bought me for our anniversary. It was a late night stop at Walgreens and I stayed in the car. He was running in to get paper plates and throw-away silverware. He came out with a bunch of flowers. They didn't have any vases there so naturally he creative side kicked in and bought a sprite so that he could use the bottle for a vase. It actually worked out quite well. I was impressed! Such a sweet boy! I love him. 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger templates

Blogger news

Locations of Site Visitors

Blogger templates

Powered by Blogger.

Pages - Menu

Popular Posts

Followers