Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Elder Kunkel Returns

Tuesday, July 23, 2012 Elder Stephen Kunkel returned from his mission in Tempe, Arizona. He served the people there for 2 years in the dry dessert of Arizona. He loved it, and came to love the people there. It was so fun to go to the airport to get him!

We made lots of signs that morning because we were planning to perfect entrance. He would come walking down the steps as we held up our signs "Welcome Home Elder Kunkel". Unfortunately, like life most of the time, things didn't go according to plan.











We had been waiting for him for about 45 minutes down at the luggage pick up. We went over to check the times of the flights. His was supposed to arrive at 2:29 and then it moved back to 2:48.


It was almost 3:00p.m. and the board still did not show "arrived". All of the sudden my dad gets a tap on the shoulder from behind and we hear "Did you find it yet?" I turn around and yell, "It's Stephen!" Everybody freaks out. Fortunately I had my camera in my hand ready to take pictures.













Then, Jeff, another Elder who had left the same day Stephen did to report to the Missionary Training Center came up behind Stephen!




Then we went to see Grandma Kunkel.



Then we head over to Papasito's for Stephen's first meal back home! Fortunately it was late enough in the day that Spencer was able to meet us over there after work. We missed him!



Then home!

lol...at this point he was sick of pictures. Actually he was sick of pictures at the airport.



Then it was time for the mousse chocolate cake that I made. IT.WAS.RIDICULOUS.






That was pretty much the whole day. Then my older sister came in town a couple of days later. This was a Orange Leaf outing with the family one night.


These are pictures from the Sunday he gave his homecoming talk. It was such a great talk! I can't believe how old and mature he sounded up on that pulpit. My Grandma Kunkel, who is not a member of our church said that Stephen could be a preacher. lol. It's so fun to have him home. Unfortunately he's not really home anymore because he and Emily are in Austin, TX for school. BOO.....at least it's not a far drive!







That Sunday it was my mom's birthday so after pictures I went home and baked her a cake real quick. : ) I love the simplicity of this cake, yet it is so stinkin cute! I was having issues with it at first because these were not the colors I was planning on doing at all, but after decorating it I really ended up liking it a lot!




Well that pretty much wraps up July! Now on to August! : )

~Nat

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger templates

Blogger news

Locations of Site Visitors

Blogger templates

Powered by Blogger.

Pages - Menu

Popular Posts

Followers