Thursday, November 10, 2011

REESE'S FAN??



It was my dad's birthday on Tuesday November 8th, so Spence and I made him a cake the night before. The decision was easy. His favorite candy is Reese's  peanut butter cups so what would be better than a heavenly Reese's cake coated with a light peanut butter icing?!!? Let me tell you, this thing is to die for. No, literally. After one piece of this baby you really feel like you are going to die. Strangely enough that won't stop you from eating a second or a third . ; ) Are you ready for this??? Check out the recipe below:


For the cake part I just used a box of this stuff (I'm glad I chose dark chocolate fudge instead of just devils food. I think the dark chocolate was WAY better with the peanut butter.) :


For the icing I made 3X as much as the recipe called for because I wanted to do layers in the cake and put icing between each layer.

THE Peanut Butter deliciousness: (one batch)
1 cup of powdered sugar
1 cup of creamy peanut butter
5 tablespoons of unsalted butter (room temperature)
3/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/3 teaspoon of salt
1/3 cup of whipping cream

Mix powered sugar, peanut butter, unsalted butter, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix it on low until it is smooth (probably a good 2 minutes or so). Once texture is creamy and has an even consistency add the whipping cream and beat until light a fluffy. SO EASY!



This peanut butter icing is so addicting it should be illegal! I will FOREVER avoid trying to figure out the amount of calories that is in one spoonful of this heavenly mess.


After I finished the icing I layered the cake (3 layers) with icing between each layer. Then I iced the entire cake. 


Then Spence cut miniature Reese's peanut butter cups in half to decorate the outside of the cake. I chopped some up to sprinkle on the top.



Here's the finished product!!




Spence and I found these HUGE (SIZE 20!!!!) shoes at Ross. We laughed at them for a good 10 minutes. They were marked down to $5 so we HAD to buy them! The laugh was definitely worth the $5! My dad actually wore them around the house for the next hour. haha.


Testing his shoes out...

haha....this is his size 12 shoe next to the size 20.



Checking out his new watch!



Happy birthday Dad!! Thanks for everything you do!!! Love you!!

SO YUMMMYYYYYYY!!



Thanks for following!!

          ~Nat

2 comments:

  1. Wow that is not even nice! I'm working really hard on my diet & I just drooled over that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha..tell me about it! We still have a huge chunk of this stuff in our refrigerator. Talk about hard to avoid!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates

Blogger news

Locations of Site Visitors

Blogger templates

Powered by Blogger.

Pages - Menu

Popular Posts

Followers