Wednesday, October 26, 2011

This is fun

So I've decided that having a blog is so much fun. I don't know what took me so long!!! Honestly, I think it's because I've been trying to think of a creative title for it and I've just had a MASSIVE brain block!!! I mean, I STILL haven't thought of anything I like! So if you have any ideas let me know, k? Thanks. : )


I've been dragging Spencer along to go shopping  for holiday decorations lately. Well, let me rephrase that. I've been dragging Spencer along to go shopping since we got back from our honeymoon in May! We basically haven't stopped shopping for kitchen appliances, furniture, home accents, and crafts since we got married. I'd have to say that he's a great sport! He NEVER complains, in fact sometimes I think he likes it even after a LONG 8 hour day at work! He's been working on his own manly projects lately. I have the PERFECT husband by the way.


Saturday I was out shopping (surprise) and I came home with some Halloween decorations including a real pumpkin I picked out at the grocery store. I've been working on the project since Saturday and finished it last night. It really didn't take that long but I had to make some time to actually sit down and do it. I like to focus on the CUTER parts about Halloween, not the gorey. So I've been working on "cutesy" Halloween projects. Our pumpkin project is the perfect example of "cutesy" :

P.S. I blame Pinterest for my craft obsession lately. Whose idea was that anyway?!?! FREAKING GENIUS! : )


Our cute little pumpkin before paint or glue:



Then I painted the stem black with black acrylic paint:


Then I cut and tied a cute bow to put on the stem of the pumpkin. Next I started to hot glue black buttons onto the pumpkin in the shape of a "B". For the "B" I just did it free hand. It took WAY to long doing it free hand because I'm a perfectionist and I kept taking the buttons off and trying to make it look more like a "B" instead of an "8".





I traced the "O"s from a printout off of my computer. It went 100 times faster! Here's the finished product!! Pretty dang cute!






It was totally an easy project after realizing how much faster it goes if you actually trace the letters onto the pumpkin first instead of trying to free hand it. I'll definitely do this again. I'm thinking about doing it on a fake pumpkin next time so I'll have it forever. : ) Thanks for following!!


                     ~Nat


2 comments:

  1. I am loving this! We should totally go shopping for our little apartments together...you'll inspire me and I definitely need just that...inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, sounds good to me!! Just when I think I'm done buying stuff for the apartment, it's Christmas and I'll need cute Christmas stuff! haha...it's a rough life. ; )

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates

Blogger news

Locations of Site Visitors

Blogger templates

Powered by Blogger.

Pages - Menu

Popular Posts

Followers