Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Spencer's birthday--Cookies and cream ice cream cake!!

This past Saturday was my hubby's birthday. It was a pretty lax day, which was nice. We got to spend pretty much the entire day together which is a rare occasion these days with full time work and full time school. He's so hard working! With such a crazy schedule he STILL manages to catch all of his teacher's attention in all of his classes. They love him and his creativity. And so do I!



Saturday night he went to the Priesthood session of General Conference with his dad while I finished making the frosting and icing Spencer's birthday cake. He was home in time for us to run out and get some Mexican food to bring back home and eat. So we ate at home while opening birthday presents. Then afterwards cake, of course! Homemade cookies and cream ice cream cake. Yes, it was delicious, and there are still plenty of leftovers, even after sharing with our families! We don't mind eating on it all week. : )

You can kind of follow the ice cream cake steps by looking at the pictures:




I pretty much just made up my own whip cream recipe to use for the icing. Everybody seemed to like it!





This is making me hungry!


He's so cute! : )


I didn't spend much time icing it, but I thought it turned out really cute!


Happy birthday to the sweetest boy I know!! He only gets sweeter as the years go by! I love you Spencer.

          ~Nat


1 comment:

  1. Natalie! I just happened to see this cake on pinterest and thought it looked delicous. So, naturally, I clicked on it to get the recipe. I had no idea it was your blog! As I scrolled down I saw that you said something about general conference, so I thought, "Oh, this person is mormon, too." Then I scrolled further and saw your husband! Haha, so cool. I'm gonna try this cake!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates

Blogger news

Locations of Site Visitors

Blogger templates

Powered by Blogger.

Pages - Menu

Popular Posts

Followers