Thursday, June 6, 2013

Arizona Fun

Thursday, May 16th we headed to Phoenix, Arizona. One of my long time friends and college roommates was getting married in the Mesa, Arizona temple on Friday.We got in Thursday night and explored the city a bit. It was our first time to get a rental car and we even upgraded to a luxury car- a Lincoln MKZ. I had no idea what the Lincoln MKZ was, in fact when the guy asked us if we wanted to upgrade Spencer was super excited and my reaction was, "Isn't that an "old people" car?" lol....the guy insured me that it wasn't and promised us the "sexy" black color. Without further hesitation we upgraded and headed downstairs to pick up our car.

O.K. So I was a little wrong, it WAS sexy and we were so excited to get to drive it around for 3 days!!! Though it took us 30 minutes to turn the car on (because of the new key-less technology) we were FINALLY able to get it started with my help of course ; ) and off we went! We found our hotel, showered and got to spend an hour with my friend and her fiance at their house around 10 p.m. that night.



Friday morning we woke up and explored a bit. We wanted to drive to the Mesa temple so we knew exactly how to get there for the wedding at 3p.m. Friday afternoon. We stopped at the Deseret Bookstore there right across from the temple afterwards. 

Then we stopped and got some breakfast at Einstein Bagles and headed back to the hotel to get ready for the wedding. 

Such a beautiful temple! It's so different looking!! It definitely has an older feel too, especially on the inside.

























Had SOOO much fun chatting with these ladies all night, literally all night! After the wedding we went back to the hotel and talked for hours. Love these girls!




I love getting to travel with this man!! He makes everything soooo much more fun!!



 Fortunately for us it was cloudy the day of the wedding so it didn't feel like 101 degrees outside like the weather was forecast to be.





On Saturday morning we drove to the new Gilbert, AZ temple that is still under construction. We were able to see it the entire time we were there because our hotel was only about 7 minutes from it. It's so beautiful, seriously. Parts of it remind me of the Houston, TX temple. 









That was some intense heat!! I thought I liked the dry heat better than the humid heat I'm so used to in Houston. HA...the minute I stepped foot out of the Arizona airport and said I changed my mind. I'll stick to the humidity..ha! No pun intended! ; ) It keeps you younger anyway! : ) 

It was such a fun little trip. We are so blessed to be able to do stuff like this!! 

We also had our first meal at IN-N-OUT. SO yummyy!!!! It was also like 10:30a.m. but we had to head to the airport soon after and we weren't leaving Arizona without eating there!! : )




Cool shot Spencer took on my phone when the girl sitting next to us got up to go to the bathroom. HA...that was such a fun flight home!! We shared headphones and listened to music on my ipod while acting out the song. Yes, we are awesome!! I love that boy and I'm excited for an eternity of fun together. We've done a great job so far! ; )

Not sure what's happening with the lighting here...This was taken while the girl sitting next to us was gone.

Love spending time with his crazy self. Thanks for following!!

~Nat












2 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOU NATALIE NICOLE SEVY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Spencer Grigg. Thanks for the being the best husband ever!! Life is so so good with you.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates

Blogger news

Locations of Site Visitors

Blogger templates

Powered by Blogger.

Pages - Menu

Popular Posts

Followers