Monday, March 4, 2013

February Lovin'

February started off with my mother in laws birthday! Meet the beautiful and talented Bobbie Sevy!!



We celebrated with cake on Super bowl Sunday. This is the dessert I brought: Strawberry shortcake.


At the beginning of the month we bought Downton Abbey season 3. Can I just tell you how much I despise this show right now??? LOL...If you watch it, you know what I mean!

The Sunday before Valentine's day I made chocolate lips for all of the kids in our Nursery class.






A couple of days before Valentine's Day I put a couple of plates together of Valentine's goodies. They unintentionally ended up being a chocolate themed plates, fortunately nobody complained. ; )


These were my favorite from the plates I made last year! They are just SO cute with the Valentine themed M&Ms!




Chocolate dipped marshmallows:


I also made Oreo balls. Pretty much the easiest recipe ever!


Ingredients:
1 (16 ounce) package Oreo cookies, crushed
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (24 ounce) package white chocolate bark
1 (24 ounce) package chocolate bark

Directions:
-Use a blender to crush your Oreos. 
-Then mix your cream cheese and Oreos together.
-Roll Oreo mix into walnut size balls.
-Put Oreo balls in freezer for an hour or so.
-Melt white chocolate or milk chocolate almond bark in bowl. 
-Dip Oreo balls in chocolate and decorate to your pleasing. : )







I also made some puppy chow and put it in cute Valentine's bag.

It was like 2a.m. by the time I was done with all the other goodies and was going to make icing to ice the cookies. I was so tired there was NO WAY I was making icing and frosting those sugar cookies. So I just dipped them in chocolate!

Here is a complete plate:


Wrapped up and ready to go!

On Valentine's Day we both had to work ALL day (SO not cool). After work I ran over to the Bake Shoppe and picked up some sweets for our homemade dinner that evening. 

He's so cute in his apron!!! : )

The homemade ding dong I picked up from the Bake Shoppe. I actually ordered two, but they had given one of them away to someone else! Not cool, it just topped off my already bad day. 


Here's the arrangement I had sent to Spencer's work that day : )


Our candlelit dinner. Spence cut our steaks in the shape of hearts. haha...so cute!!


I just love this boy.

Pretty necklace from my man!!


New headphones!!

After dinner and presents we went and ding dong ditched a couple of houses with our Valentine's plates. It ended up being the perfect night despite the craziness at work that day! I hope you all had the best Valentine's Day too!!! Love you all! Thanks for following.

          ~Nat

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger templates

Blogger news

Locations of Site Visitors

Blogger templates

Powered by Blogger.

Pages - Menu

Popular Posts

Followers