Thursday, December 15, 2011

Turkey Day Part 2!!

WOW...I've been terrible at this lately!! Things have been crazy!! So I want to finish up my Thanksgiving post almost a month later!! Here's the other recipe I have for the MOST amazing queso ever!!

Queso Recipe:
1 block (32oz.) of Velveeta Cheese
1 package (8oz.) of cream cheese
1 can of Rotel
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 lb of beef of sausage (or both)


  • Brown ground beef or sausage (or both) in pan over medium heat and set aside. 
  • Cut up Velveeta and cream cheese into cubes and place into a crock pot. (I just used a pot on the stove and let it on almost the lowest heat setting.)
  • Pour in the Rotel and cream of mushroom soup and stir ingredients together. 
  • Place the crock pot (or pan) on low setting for an hour, letting the ingredients meld. 
  • After about 30 minutes add the browned meat and continue to let cook, stirring as needed.

When I make queso I usually would just use Velveeta and a can of Rotel. Honestly, I didn't think this recipe tasted much different from mine, even with the meat in it! Spence thought it did! I think it just made it more creamy and thick. Don't get me wrong, it was still delicious and super easy! 






Here are some other pics from the day: 










This is my cousin's dog, Rosco!!!! We love him, especially his cute bat ears!!








Then the rest of the night was followed by the A&M vs. UT game and Black Friday shopping!!! It was a great holiday! Can't wait til Christmas when we get to talk to Stephen!!!!


          ~Nat

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger templates

Blogger news

Locations of Site Visitors

Blogger templates

Powered by Blogger.

Pages - Menu

Popular Posts

Followers