Sunday, December 4, 2011

Turkey Day Part 1



Well I haven't posted in a while so I figured it was about time! Of course I've got some recipes to share! Thanksgiving day we spent at my parents house. Spencer's parents joined us along with other family and friends. I love Thanksgiving and spending time with family. You eat until you can't breath, sleep, and then eat some more. AND of course we got ready for Black Friday shopping!!! After lunch/dinner we sat down and looked at the newspaper with all the Black Friday ads in it. 

Here is my first recipe. We were asked to bring a dessert. I figured by the time dessert comes around every body is so full they want to die (you know that doesn't stop us from eating dessert) and so something light would be the best thing to bring! I found an awesome, really easy strawberry cream pie dessert and made two of those to bring. Here is the recipe:

Strawberry Cream Pie:

Crust (I used premade crust. I bet it would taste delicious with a homemade cookie crust.)
1 small package of sugar free strawberry Jell-O
1-8 oz. tub of cool whip
Strawberries--Washed, sliced, and sweetened

This is all you need! So awesome. I've got double of everything because I made two pies.


Dissolve the entire package of the strawberry jello in a 1/2 cup of hot water until jello is dissolved. Add 1/2 cup of ice cold water and stir. Add the entire tub of cool whip and stir until well combined. Chill jello mixture in the fridge until it starts to thicken. (It will thicken in about 20-30 minutes).



Stir the mixture until it is smooth.



Next, remove from fridge and fold in slices of strawberries. 



I left them in the fridge like this overnight. Then Thanksgiving day I added whip cream and strawberries to the top. 





Now I'm hungry!


The pie was REALLY good and perfect on a full stomach! : ) The pie tasted SO much better a day of two after Thanksgiving. I think it's because the flavor had more time to set in after being refrigerated for a little longer.

 This concludes Part 1 of Thanksgiving! MORE to come soon!! Thanks for following!

          ~Nat

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger templates

Blogger news

Locations of Site Visitors

Blogger templates

Powered by Blogger.

Pages - Menu

Popular Posts

Followers